Pages

25 Oct 2011

motivated by chef gordon ramsay

I'm a big fan of Chef Gordon Ramsay. I often find myself watching his shows mainly to learn more about his impressive work ethic and skills, and to pick up some tips here and there about cooking great food. I love his no nonsense approach to things and how he's so knowledgeable about his craft. It's inspiring because I'm planning to be as knowledgeable as him about my own craft, and perhaps even more in the near future. I find that very often, people like him are considered to be the "bad guy" because he says it like it is. I admire that. I wish I was more like that and I wish more people were like that too. It would make life so much easier. Granted you don't necessarily have to yell all the time, but just cut the bullshit. I'm not quite there, but I'm working on it. I think it has to do with wanting to be more honest for myself and realizing (finally) that not everyone has to agree with me and like me, and I'm okay with that. 

I watched many of his shows and one thing he said once, I think it was during and interview really just stucked in my head : 
I have a very assertive way. It's wake up, move your ass or piss off home. I maintain standards and I strive for perfection. That level of pressure is conveyed in a very bullish way and that's what cooking is all about.
I think that's what life is all about. Sometimes, when I don't feel like doing much I find myself remembering this quote, specially : "wake up, move your ass or piss off home!" to shake me up a bit and helps me get back on track because I believe that if I let myself become lazy, life will pass me by and I'll regret it in the future because there's so much opportunities out there, it would be a shame not to test as many as possible. 


Photo : 1 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts